Wednesday, September 7, 2016

What He Sacrifices For You


Many women believe they can “have it all” and quickly find out that it is impossible; something and/or someone is always being neglected, whether it is the husband, children, or home. It is rarely the job that is neglected since if they neglect their job, they will easily lose it. A woman recently sent me an article from Fox News called “A Letter to My Breadwinner Husband.” In it she extols praises to her husband for working so hard so she can have options about staying home full time, working part time or full time, and being able to quit if she wants. Men who are supporting families don’t have this luxury. They must work full time all of their adult lives until they are no longer able or retire.

“It is because of your willingness to work full time, year round—with no freedom to tell your boss ‘I quit!’ and with no sabbatical to think about what other things you’d like to do with your life, and with no ability to have time just for you smack in the middle of a workweek that my life, and our kids’ lives, are as wonderful as they are.

Even when the kids got older and I ‘went back to work,’ so to speak, you and I never had to fight over who can take that business trip or who can take off work when our kids were sick. It was always I who stayed home, and it was always you who went to work.”

She is able to be a writer because her husband works full time. I am able to write for this blog and be involved in the chat room because Ken works so hard to provide. I have stayed home full time to raise my children for thirty one years because of him. My whole family has been blessed by having the head of our household work hard so that we could enjoy many blessings in our lives. In fact, Ken hasn’t invested much money in anything else besides his children. We both figure this is our best investment!

Even when I was raising children and sick, I knew I would be okay since I didn’t have to go to work the next day or try to figure out where the next dollar would come from. Ken has had to work regardless of how he felt because he knew he had a family dependent upon him. When the refrigerator and washing machine broke recently, he fixed both of them. When something is too heavy, he is there to help. I don’t care how much feminists have tried to brain wash us, we need men! We need their strength and all they provide for our families.

The fact that so many mothers decide to complicate their lives by taking on a job or career when they don’t need the money is unbelievable to me and even choosing to have babies by themselves is absurd. I never wanted any of that. I always wanted to be able to stay home and care for my family and home. Marrying a man who worked hard to provide was a priority for me in a husband. If you have a husband who works hard to provide for you, appreciate him and his hard work. Never take him for granted because there are many women who would love to have a husband who provided well for them so they could have the option of staying home. Your husband deserves your respect and admiration. Give it to him freely and thank him.

The wife see that she reverence her husband.
Ephesians 5:33