Thursday, September 29, 2016

Taking Pictures With Tongues Out


As many of you know, I have two new granddaughters. One was born in July and the other in August. They are beautiful and fun to watch. We laugh when their little tongues come continually out of their mouths. When they toot, we think it's funny. When they burp, we all laugh and are happy they got their air out so it won't cause a tummy ache. All of their noises are so sweet to all of us. However, when grown women are doing these things, they aren't funny or cute anymore. It is disgusting and they are not being discreet.

Sticking out your tongue for pictures and having tooting and burping contests are common among women today. I hear it directly from them. They think it's funny. The Bible tells us otherwise: When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. (1 Corinthians 13:11) Even as our children grew older, they never stuck their tongues out or looked like the girl in the picture. We would never have allowed this. They didn't burp or toot on purpose in front of us either. (I actually never heard them burp since they had healthy gallbladders.) We taught them from a young age to have manners. 

 Godly women are called to be discreet and not do anything to draw attention to themselves. They are not children anymore and should not do childish things. It's amazing that I even have to teach younger women this today. When I was growing up, we never did such things. We would have been mortified! If we had to pass gas, we held it until we were alone. (If you have a lot of gas, you need to find out to heal your digestive system and I am sure less sugar and more real foods with probiotics will help.)

I don't ever remember having a problem with burping. I have heard that if you burp a lot, you are having problem with your gall bladder so check out ways to heal your gallbladder. (Ken had many horrible gall bladder attacks but was able to heal it completely.) I would have never stuck out my tongue for pictures, ever. When I see women do this, it looks disgusting. Tongues are meant to help us talk and eat to enjoy our food, not show off to other people, especially when they are coated with a thick white film which usually means they eat too much dairy and other unhealthy foods. (You may want to check out how to heal this too.)

Be a godly feminine woman. Show discretion in all that you do and don't try to gain attention by doing something that is ugly. You are grown up now and have put childish ways behind you. No longer give into your feelings and emotions but be guided by the clear teachings of the Word of God. Don't follow what culture is doing but follow what the Lord wants you to do: "Let it be the hidden person of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price" (1 Peter 3:4).

Next time someone takes a picture of you, stand up tall and smile with the tongue in where it's supposed to be. You will look much more feminine and pretty this way.