Thursday, April 14, 2016

God's Specific Will for Young Women


It's rare to find a preacher who will preach about women being keepers at home and I'm always excited when I do. Someone from Facebook told me about Roger Jimenez from Verity Baptist Church and he is right on biblically! I typed out the five minute sermon because I wanted all of you to read the wise words that he has to say on this very important topic from 1 Timothy 5:14, "I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully."

This is what the Bible says, “I will therefore.” Now, I want you to notice that word “will;” know what the word “will” means? Some say, “I want to know what God’s will for my life is." Listen young ladies, do you want to know what God’s will for your life is? It’s right here in 1 Timothy 5:14, “ I will that young women run for president and become the president.” Is that what it says?  “I will therefore that young women become astronauts and go to the moon.” “I will therefore that they become the CEO of eBay or the governor of the state of California.” Here is what He says,"I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully." 

You know what God’s will is for a young lady? It’s that she gets married, bear children, guide the home, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. People say, “I can’t believe He would say that.” You know what I’m offended about and sick and tired of? People downgrading the job of a mother and acting as if a woman putting on a pair of pants and going off to work somewhere and running some business is more important than a women who stays home, guides her house, raises her children, and loves her children.

The greatest thing any human being can do on this earth is to raise another human being. There’s nothing wrong with that but today we’ve been brainwashed and young ladies are being told, “If you want value to your life, go get a job.” “If you want value to your life, go get a career. “ No, God says the greatest value of your life, young lady, is to have children, to guide the house, and to bear children.

Go to Proverbs 31. If you’re here and you’re a lady and you have a job, I’m not against you. I’m not mad at you. I don’t have this idea and I always think it’s funny when people have this position where I have to be mad at everybody in order to be right. I can have a position and you can have a position and they can be different positions and we can still be friends. I don’t need to get you to agree with everything I believe. I’m just going to tell you what the Bible says. If you’re going to argue it, argue it from the Bible. Don’t tell me what you think. It doesn’t matter what you think. It doesn’t matter what I think. All that matters is the Word of God.

 So let me show you what the Bible says about a woman who raises children. Proverbs 31:28. This is what the Bible says about the virtuous woman; the greatest chapter about women in the Bible. “Her children” It doesn’t say “her administrative assistant.” It doesn’t say her “her co–worker.” It doesn’t say “her executive assistant” or “her labor union.” It says, Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates." 

"Let her own works.” If you raise children at home, you realize you work. I’m offended about it and I’m saying it out loud. I don’t want to hear this anymore. People will say to my wife, “Oh, you don’t work? You stay home with the kids?” She works harder than any woman who goes out to work. I’ll tell you that right now. She doesn’t get lunch breaks. She doesn’t get an hour break. She doesn’t get two weeks vacation. She’s on call 24 hours 7 days a week. Its work raising children; this idea that you’re less!

Listen ladies, if you stay home and raise your kids, praise the Lord, don’t let anybody ever undermine you. The problem today is we have young ladies who have children and say, “I struggle with this. I want to go back to work.” What’s wrong with you? God gave you a child. God gave you a living soul and you want to go off and hand that child off to some stranger, so you can go make a paycheck? So after 30 years they can give you a gold watch and say, “Yay, you worked here for 30 years.”

Raise those kids for the Lord God and you know when America was great? When moms stayed home and raised their kids. America has gone downhill since the women went off to work and I’m not against you who have to work and that’s the position you’re in and single moms, I’m not against you but listen, I’m not going to compromise what the Bible says and I’m not going to sit here and lie to you. God’s will for your life, His perfect will is that a woman marry, bear children, guide the house and that’s the best thing that you can do with your life. It’s not belittling.

Some of you women need to get your hearts right with God if you think it’s better to go off to work and leave your kids somewhere. This idea that “I want to find my fulfillment in a job.” There’s something wrong with your heart. You need to ask God to work on your heart and show you if your heart is right with Him.