Saturday, December 12, 2015

Picking and Choosing What to Obey

There is a great apostasy going on in the Church away from the Truth of God’s Word and into a free-for-all of picking and choosing what Bible verses to obey and even twisting them to mean something entirely different than their true meaning. It’s taking a heavy toll upon our culture, especially in regards to the breakdown of the family. Take for instance a discussion I had with a woman on Facebook about submission.

Here is one woman's encouraging comment from one of my posts that I wrote on my Facebook page: "Think of it as an investment into a long, happy, JOYFUL marriage! Trust me, my marriage and life are so much happier now that I have a new perspective and I can honestly say it is an honor to submit. That's something the world won't tell you; they WANT you to believe you will be a doormat but for our family, it made our home peaceful, joyful, fun and a happy place to be when I started submitting. And I can tell when I am being rebellious as well, because there just isn't that peaceful vibe in our home."

Woman on Facebook:
 After 36 years of marriage, I do agree with this BUT the submission must come from BOTH.

Me: There is not one verse in the whole Bible that commands husbands to submit to their wives. Marriage is an example of Christ and the church. The church submits to Christ as the wife submits to her husband. “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything" {Ephesians 5:22-24}. There must be an authority structure in every single institution on earth and marriage is no different. Besides wives submitting to their husbands, in Titus 2:3-5 older women are commanded to teach women to obey their husbands!

Woman: I don’t agree. Marriage is 100% on both sides. I have seen marriages where the husband or wife are the “head of the house.” It doesn’t work. There is not peace. I do believe they BOTH need to submit to Christ.

Me: Yes, they are both supposed to submit to Christ but Christ calls the husband to be the head of the wife and the wife to submit to her husband. Please read your Bible rather than listen to the lies of our culture and maybe even your church. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be
perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" {2 Timothy 3:15, 16}.

Women: I read my Bible. I also believe the Bible is subject to translation and interpretation. Also, it was written by God through humans. And I also remember distinctly my wedding vows where we BOTH committed to being ONE in Christ and our marriage. I respect your opinion in this. That is why we live in this great country. I don’t have to agree with you or everything I read in the Bible. My family foundation is in Christ. When judgement day comes I am confident the Good Lord with make that judgement as HE sees fit.

Me:
 I just want to warn you that it’s a very slippery slope away from Truth that you are on if you decide what to obey and what not to obey in God’s Word. If ye love me, keep my commandments {John 14:15}.

Picking and choosing what you want to obey and not to obey is dangerous. It is deciding that you are going to be god in your life rather than allowing God Almighty to be your God. Usually when you begin making the rules in your life, you begin a slippery slope into becoming lukewarm which the Lord hates. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth. {Revelation 3:16}. What He wants from us is loving Him, loving others and obeying Him; not deciding what to obey Him in. Please don't be your own god, women. Allow God to be your God and begin today to choose to obey ALL that He asks of you.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:3, 4

***If you didn’t see Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors on NBC Thursday night, please try to watch it; a stay-at-home godly mother teaching her eight children about the Lord and winning her unbelieving husband to Jesus by her godly life! They aren’t rich in money but they are rich in faith, children and love. Now, this is my kind of movie!!! Click the link to watch it and have your children watch it with you. They will LOVE it!