Sunday, June 14, 2015

Do You Really Believe it Will All Burn Someday?


My granddaughter was visiting me and playing with an item I owned. She dropped it on her foot and the item broke. After she was done crying, she looked at me and said, "I'm so sorry I broke your thing, Grandma." I looked at her and said, "Oh, that's okay. It's just going to burn someday." 

Do you really believe that everything we own is going to burn someday? So many women ask me about getting a job while they have children at home. I have never counseled a woman to get a job but to be a "keeper at home" as God commands that I do. Those children they are raising and the husband that they love are the only things that are eternal. Why work for things that are going to burn?

Another young women is in premarital counseling and just asked me about birth control. I told her I hate birth control and I bet God hates it also. I don't think you can ever have too many children. Yes, the majority of us have WAY too much stuff, but few of us have too many children. We spend too much of our time on this earth and short life on the stuff that's going to burn and not enough time and thought on things eternal.

Therefore, do everything you can to be at home raising your children in the nurture and the admonition of the Lord. Read the Bible to them daily like Timothy's mother and grandmother did. Love your husband deeply and forgive easily since our marriage is a model of Christ and the church to the world. Prepare a home and nourishing food so your precious family has a good and healthy environment to grow up strong in the Lord and ready to preach the Good News! Don't cling tightly to your money or your stuff. If you aren't using stuff, give it away. Share with those in need. Invest in the lives of your children.

If your children accidentally break something, don't make it a big deal. Model to them that the things of this world don't matter much to you. Yes, we take good care of what we have, but we don't value them above people. If your children are showing any signs of rebellion or sin, discipline them immediately and deal with it. Teach them God's hatred of sin and the cost His Son paid for our sin. You have a lot of influence whether or not your children grow up to walk in truth or walk in sin.

Model generosity to your children; generosity with your time, gifts, talents and money. Teach them that the greatest of all is the servant of all.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2 Peter 3:10

***Please take the time to read this article Growing Up Fast: Why Twelve Year Old Girls Are Having Sex Earlier, Rougher. There is an all out battle for the souls and purity of your children. You MUST be prepared for the battle!