Thursday, December 4, 2014

Make Your Mess Your Message


Robin Robert's mother frequently told her four children to make their mess their message. Everyone has a mess in their lives at one time or another. No one gets through life without trials and suffering. The two I can think of easily in my life are my marriage and my health issues. I wanted to share with you how I made my messes my messages.

My marriage was not good for 23 years, as most of you know. It's not that I didn't want a good marriage; I simply didn't know how. I read every marriage book I could get my hands on but for some reason, I always read the husband's part in the marriage and felt Ken fell short. Thankfully, I finally read Debi Pearl's book and my marriage has steadily improved since then by working on myself and allowing God to change me.

This blog is my message from my marriage mess. I don't want other marriages to struggle all the years that I did. I have various ways to mentor women. I began with mentoring small groups. Then I mentored women one-on-one. Then I began the blog. Now, I mentor women through text messaging, email, Facebook, Chat Room, telephone, and my blog. I am so thankful that the Lord has used my mess to be able to reach out and teach so many women my message!

My health has been a mess for many years. First, I had many parasites and had to go on many drugs which caused IBS. Then, I had a brain tumor and surgery. Five years later, I had my neck fused. Five years after that, my brain tumor grew back and I needed more surgery. The surgeon couldn't get it all, so I had to have Cyber Knife. How have I made this mess my message?

I love to encourage women going through difficult times since I can completely empathize with them. I have a lot of natural remedies for pain since I have experienced so much; whether it be practical ways through Black Salve, ice dipping, trigger point therapy, or food or spiritual ways by being in the Word daily, choosing joy, and singing hymns and spiritual hymns in my head over and over through pain-filled nights of no sleep. It has also helped me clearly see that this earth is not my home!

God promises us that ALL things work out for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purposes. We just celebrated Thanksgiving; a day to remember all that we are thankful for. I would love for any of you to share your message from your mess in the comment section. It's good to look back and see how God has turned your mess into a message; working all things for good!

And we know that all things work together for good 
to them that love God, to them who are 
the called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28