Saturday, August 9, 2014

Michelle Duggar's Excellent Marriage Advice


Apparently, thejoyfilledwife isn't the only woman who feels that once you are married, you need to be sexually available to your husband as she so eloquently stated in Never Defrauding Him SexuallyMichelle Duggar's daughter, Jill, just got married and Michelle gave Jill the same exact advice! Guess what her very first and most important advice was...the same as thejoyfilledwife ~

1. BE AVAILABLE!!!

Michelle received this piece of advice from a friend six months before she married Jim Bob, and to this day, she says it is the best marriage advice she has ever been given. Here's what her friend, Gala, told her: "Michelle, I know you're so excited. You're a bride-to-be, but someday you'll be at this point. I've been married three years and I'm still happily married. I have one child, we're expecting our second and I'm big {and} pregnant. You've got to remember this ~ Anyone can iron Jim Bob's shirt, anybody can make lunch for him. He can get his lunch somewhere else. But you are the only one who can meet that special need that he has in his life for intimacy. You're it. You're the only one. So don't forget that, that he needs you."

"And so be available, and not just available, but be joyfully available for him. Smile and be willing to say, 'Yes, sweetie I am here for you,' no matter what, even though you may be exhausted and big {and } pregnant and you may not feel like he feels."

As Michelle has followed that advice through the years, she has seen her husband make great sacrifices for her in return. "He will sit there and listen to everything I need to tell him because he knows that I'm there for him, too. I'm meeting his needs, he's meeting my needs." The mother of 19 reminds newlyweds that their relationship with each other comes before their relationship with any other person on this earth, including their future children.

Tam, a woman who commented on the post I mentioned at the top, 
shared this story in the comment section ~

On my wedding day, after I had gotten my hair done and my veil was pinned to my head, I realized I needed to run an errand. While waiting in line at the store to pay for my purchases, a petite elderly lady stood nearby, smiling. Eventually, she told me she had been widowed recently after being very happily married for over 60 years. In her heavy German accent, she wished me many happy years as well. I asked her what the secret was to so many happy years of marriage. Without blinking an eye or lowering her voice, she said, "Whenever your husband is in the mood, just drop everything and say 'yes.'" She assured me I would not regret it and my marriage would be very happy.

Some words from older, wiser women to ponder...

Let your fountain be blessed, 
And rejoice in the wife of your youth. 
As a loving hind and a graceful doe, 
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; 
Be exhilarated always with her love.
Proverbs 5:18,19