Thursday, August 21, 2014

Admiring Women Of Power


Kellie Martin wrote a book called Madam: A Novel Of New Orleans. She saw a picture of Mary Deubler {Madam} when she was in college and was so intrigued by her. She looked "confidant and strong" and she knew she wanted to study her to someday write a book about her.

Madam was a poor prostitute who rose to have a lot of power over New Orleans way before the women's right movement took place. Kellie loves and admires women of power and strength. I pondered that a moment and thought, "I sure don't admire the same kind of power and strength she is talking about!" I admire those whose power and strength come from the Lord and could care less about fame and fortune.

I love and admire Michelle Duggar who is raising many children to love Jesus and loves her husband. I love a woman in Illinois who lives in a trailer with nine children, home schools all of them, and adores her husband. I admire Mother Teresa who went about doing good deeds and loving the poor. I love young women who love their husbands by trying to please them and make their lives good. I love to hear of mothers who sacrifice to stay home with their children and train them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord and unmarried young women who "care for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit."{I Corinthians 7:34}

When I see powerful and popular women on television and in politics who have small children at home, I am sad for them and for their family. I am sad that they have decided fame and fortune are more important than being with their families. I could care less if a woman ever ruled a city or a country. This just doesn't impress me in the least since I know that a woman has much more power to affect society by raising godly children who are lights in a dark world.

We all have a choice in how we live our lives. Some women pursue careers, fame, fortune, power, politics, etc. and they have every right to do that so don't think I am trying to take it away. {Newsflash! ~ I have no power to do that anyways.} I just want to be a small voice for those who don't want to pursue those things and encourage them in being godly young women, wives, mothers, and keepers at home. What you have chosen is a good thing, a very good thing.

It is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to 
become great among you shall be your servant.
Matthew 20:26