Friday, June 27, 2014

Pulling Out The Red Herring


There are many people out there who would love to destroy a Christian's message. I have those who would love to destroy my ministry. Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. {Mathew 10:16} We must ask the Lord continually for wisdom so we can clearly recognize the wolves among us.

For instance, I published a beautiful post yesterday about a young woman who willingly loves her husband and blesses him with frequent love making. I received a few very encouraging comments then out of the blue, I got a long comment about rape, as if we were promoting rape. Then others commented on this and the whole conversation turned around to a discussion about rape. This one person was able to turn around a beautiful post into an ugly one.

I told Ken I was getting a knot in my stomach as I tried to respond to all the rape comments and asked him if I could just delete all of the comments about rape. He wanted me to. I don't want my posts destroyed in the comment section by wolves who want to twist my words and pull out something that stinks.

I don't mind healthy discussions and questions but when it veers so off track, I will be deleting the comments. The main purpose of my blog is a teaching blog. I love teaching women how to love and obey their husbands, raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, be keepers at home, modest, etc. I have to be very careful in discerning whether or not a reader has good or evil intent when posting a comment.

Thank you very much all of you who support me in my ministry. I love mentoring women and teaching them the ways of God. I am so thankful the Lord has given me the privilege of having this ministry and I thank all of you for listening and learning from me. {I also learn a lot from you!}