Thursday, June 5, 2014

All Over The Duggar's Walls


God wants us to know His Word. He wants us to teach our children His Word consistently. He tells us in Deutoronomy 6:9, "You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."  I have noticed while watching the Duggars that they take this verse quit literally. Right above their stove is engraved the words, "Give thanks with a grateful heart." Next to their front door is a sign that states, "Act justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly." There are verses and encouraging words all over their home.

The above photo is from our family room. {Yes, there is an empty space to the right for Steven and Emily's photo! Can't wait!}  I have another framed photo of verses on my kitchen counter that Erin gave me and some on my refrigerator that Cassi made. My calendar has a verse on it as well as some pictures around my home. My children had verses in their rooms on posters or framed pictures. We can NEVER be reminded too often of God's Word.

When I was growing up, I had a poster in my room of a picture of a flower growing through a rock. It said, "God can break the hardest heart so faith can grow." I grew up with that imprinted upon my heart and thought about it often.

We are called to encourage one another daily. Paul exhorts us to "call to remembrance" for it is so easy to get swept away with the world and its evil ways if we aren't consistently renewing our minds with God's Truth.

HERE and HERE are a few places I found on the Internet to help give you ideas of verses and posters you can buy. I am sure if you are artistic, you could paint them on you walls. At the end of the Duggar show last week, all of the children were singing to their parents this song ~

We are a family. A happy, happy family.
We serve each other every day.
We're building character God's way.

It brought tears to my eyes. Just the fact that we have a godly family on television in the midst of so much filth, is such a blessing to so many of us. Thank you TLC and Duggars for opening your home to us and showing America what a godly family looks like.

Do you have Scripture verses on your walls? Are you helping your children hide God's Word deep into their hearts so they won't sin against Him?