Thursday, May 1, 2014

Dancing On The Potty


Ken and I were walking to the park with Emma about six months ago. I told her that if she would go potty on the potty, she would be able to take ballet classes with Aunt Alyssa. She immediately responded, "When I grow up, I'm going to dance on the potty!" Well, last week she wanted me to go with her when she went potty on the potty. While she was sitting on it, low and behold, she started wiggling around as hard as she could and exclaimed, "I'm dancing on the potty!" and I am sure she never saw that cartoon above.

One night when Erin and the children were sleeping here since Ken and Ryan were out of town, there was a huge thunderstorm. Well, huge for Southern California. There was one loud thunderclap in the middle of the night. It woke Emma up and scared her so she went to sleep by her mommy. About 2:00 a.m. she woke her mommy up and informed her that she was going downstairs now to play with Grandma!

Ryan recently showed me a video he had taken of the children that morning. Emma was trying to put baby Kenny on her doll stroller. The first time was an utter failure. She had him in her arms and down they all went with the stroller. The second time was a success. After Kenny was securely in the stroller, she pushed him around their home and Kenny was as happy as can be in Emma's doll stroller!

Children sure bring laughter to the home. I remember continually laughing at the funny things my children did when they were young. These years go by so quickly. I know they are tiring and mothers of young children are constantly exhausted but the Lord will give you the strength you need to do what He has called you to do. Call upon Him continually asking Him for strength and wisdom.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
Psalm 127:3-5