Saturday, April 12, 2014

Non-Toxic Sanitizing All-Purpose Cleaner


Since we are going to be learning through Laine's Letter 50 ways to get out of debt, I thought I would share a wonderful, cheap cleaner you can use on anything in the kitchen and bathroom. It takes a few minutes to put together and pour into a spray bottle.

Studies have proven that indoor air is more polluted than outdoor air. Open your windows as much as possible and use as many non-toxic cleaners, make up, shampoos, etc. as you can. They are finding that all these toxic chemicals are causing disruption of hormones, cancer, autoimmune diseases, autism, etc. Do all that is in your power to keep your precious family healthy in this toxic environment.

Ingredients ~

1 teaspoon Borax

1/2 teaspoon washing soda

2 teaspoon vinegar

1/2 teaspoon liquid soap

2 cups hot water

20 drops tea tree oil

Boil the water, add the ingredients and stir.

I have started using newspaper to clean windows and mirrors with and it works beautifully, just like Grandma told us it would. It leaves no streaks or lint, so start saving up newspapers {if you still get them}. I use one sheet of newspaper per bathroom for the mirrors and when I am done, I just throw the crumbled up ball underneath a sink and it is dry by the time I need to use it again. You can also use the Borax and Washing Soda for a super easy, inexpensive and effective Laundry Soap.

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; 
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 
Psalm 51:7