Saturday, March 15, 2014

Her Handsome Husband And Their Love Story


Pam was a part of the first group of women I ever mentored. I am not sure why she came since she has a gentle and quiet spirit and was a fabulous wife. I guess we can all learn and grow no matter where we are in life. I asked her to share her love story with us and she happily agreed!

How did you meet your husband?

This is one of the first questions I love to ask couples. I am always amazed at how God works to bring couples together. I love my Handsome Husband and this is how God brought us together ~

I was working and going to college at San Diego State. I had been hired for a new job with {better hours} and was to start training the day I received a call saying the company had over hired and I was not going to get the job after all. I had already given notice to my other job and was so very disappointed.

A friend told me about a job her sister was thinking of applying for at a department store selling cosmetics. I had no experience or training but went down and applied anyway. I was amazed I got the job!

I worked there for less than a month when two guys came in and got on some exercise equipment that was for display only. There were even signs and it was completely roped off! My new boss asked me to go over and get those boys off the equipment.

I marched over and said, "Excuse me, can't you read this equipment is for display only. You need to get off right now." One of the guys looked me straight in the eye and smiled. He said, "How else was I going to get you over here to say hi?" Oh my, what a line. He and his friend did get off the equipment and I smiled and walked away grateful they had complied.

The next day that same guy came in with a dozen roses and apologized in front of my boss.

We started going to lunch and he came and met my parents. We even started teaching Sunday School together. We began to see that we had so much in common. The best part was his strengths were my weaknesses and mine were his. We seemed to help each other to be better people {that is so God}.

My handsome husband says he knew that day I was going to be his wife. I  know that God had a wonderful plan. I am so grateful and so blessed I did not get the first job and so grateful to be married to my best friend. He is a wonderful husband and father and best of all, a godly man.


I always say being married to my handsome husband is a like  being on a fun ride at Disneyland. It has its ups and downs, sometimes it is thrilling and other times it is scary but we are on the ride together going the same direction and trusting each other, keeping God first in our lives.


I am my handsome husband's wife and his sweetheart going on 26 years. We are blessed and grateful God brought us together. I have never wanted to be his mother and reprimand him and nag him or his teacher and tell him what to do or how to do it. I am and will always be his sweetheart , his biggest fan, supporter and cheerleader.


I can remember our Wedding day and repeating our marriage vows ~ 


Do you take this man as your lawfully wedded husband to love and to cherish him in sickness and in health for richer or for poorer forsaking all others and keeping God first in your lives till death do you part? 


It was my handsome husband's idea to add keeping God first in our lives and we do.
How did you meet your husband?

I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me.

Song Of Solomon 7:10

***Pam has a beautiful decorating blog HERE.