Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Hound Of Heaven


Is the great Hound of Heaven pursuing you?  Fox News commentator Kristen Powers was hounded by Him and finally gave in to the true Anchor of her soul ~

The horror of the prospect of being a devout Christian crept back in almost immediately. I spent the next few months doing my best to wrestle away from God. It was pointless. Everywhere I turned, there he was. Slowly there was less fear and more joy. The Hound of Heaven had pursued me and caught me—whether I liked it or not.

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, 
as some men count slackness; 
but is long-suffering to us, not willing that any should perish, 
but that all should come to repentance.
II Peter 3:9

We all have a choice to make.  Will we believe in Jesus, allow Him to take residence in our heart, and follow Him or will we continue along the broad path that leads to destruction?

He loves us and is preparing a mansion for us in heaven.  His ways are good and bring life.  He is our Creator and holds all things together.  Will you allow the Hound of Heaven to have His way in your life?

You can read all of Kristen's story HERE.