Saturday, August 17, 2013

Dark Cloud Of Hopelessness



When the doctor delivered the news to us on Tuesday, it was probably the most hopeless I have ever felt in my life.  I am generally an optimistic person and have hope for the future.  I didn't feel that way on Tuesday.

A dark cloud of hopelessness seemed to have descended over my life.  I cried a lot in fear of the future.  Last night as I was in bed, I felt that cloud descending again, so out loud I just sang ~

It's a happy day and I praise God for the weather.
It's a happy day and I am living it for my Lord.
It's a happy day and things are going to get better.
Living each day by the promises in God's Word!

Then I started reciting all of God's many promises to me.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.  Be anxious for nothing...And I began to feel His peace descending upon me instead.

Your many comments and encouraging words the past few days have definitely lifted my spirit.  My best friend, Sandy, spent the day with me on Thursday encouraging me.  My dad comes over every day, massages my feet and encourages me, my wonderful husband encourages me, and the Lord sustains me.

I know many of you have gone through difficult trials.  Life is full of trials.  Our life isn't about fun, experiences, etc. but about our witness, being lights in a very dark world.  God has chosen this path for me so I must choose to use it for His glory.

None of us get to choose when we will die, but we all get to choose how we will live.  Live each day for God's glory, love those around you, and thank Him for whom all blessings flow.