Monday, July 29, 2013

She Refuses To Read It!


As many of you know, Created To Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl is my favorite marriage book which changed my marriage around completely.  It is the book I use to mentor women.  Once women read the book, they want to share it with every one they know.

Unfortunately, a lot of women don't like that book at all.  The reviews on Amazon for it are terrible.  I have had women give the book back to me and I have even gotten in trouble for promoting it.  It is very sad because there are many women who need to read the book and refuse to.

Here is a comment from my post titled A Sex Starved Husband  ~

I see mostly women commenting here. I am a man, my circumstances are because my wife has a personality disorder, which she will not acknowledge. But a few years ago, a stranger gave me a book for my wife to read. She won't read the full book. But I made all three of my daughters read it because I believe it really captures the heart of a man and it was written by a pastor's wife. I actually was in tears reading some of it, because I could identify with it so much. I believe every woman who intends to get married or is married should read this book. I do think that it is a bit dated for some of the roles of women as far as staying home to raise children, but if you can look past that, there is much godly wisdom backed by a ton of scripture for women and how their man feels and functions. The book is Created To Be His Help Meet.

I think many men would agree with him.  Debi uses some strong language and extreme stories to get her points across but her conclusions are all scripturally based.

So what do you do if a friend of yours needs to read it badly or a wife refuses to read it if her husband gives it to her?  Pray.  This is all we can do.  We need to pray that God will soften their hearts and make them want to hear the truth.  Only God has the power to do that.

We should always have teachable hearts wanting to know truth.  Unfortunately, in today's rebellious climate, few people want truth or seek it out even among Christians.  But never lose heart.  God is still on His throne and can soften the hardest heart so faith can grow.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding 
abundantly above all that we ask or think, 
according to the power that worketh in us.
Ephesians 3:20