Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death


Nik Wallenda tightroped across the Grand Canyon as many of you know.  As he was walking across the valley of the shadow of death, he was continually saying, "Praise you, Jesus.  Praise you, Lord," over and over again.

This is exactly what the Lord wants us to do whenever we go through any trials. 
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials.
James 1:2

It isn't always easy, that is for sure.  However, the Bible tell us to rejoice always so we will have endurance and become perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

As you walk on this tightrope called life begin praising Him by saying something like ~

Thank you, Jesus.  I love you, Lord.  You are kind, merciful, loving, faithful, longsuffering, patient, and forgiving.  Thank you for living inside of me.  Thank you for all the blessings you have bestowed upon me.  You are holy and pure.  You are mighty and awesome.  Thank you, Jesus.  Thank you for forgiving me and making me a new creature.  Thank you for saving me from the wrath to come.  I praise your Holy Name...

Dwell on the lovely, good, and the pure.  We are not of this world.  Our home is in heaven.  He has a wonderful plan for our life.  He works all things together for our good.

Our past is forgiven, our present is filled with his power, and our future is filled with hope.  We should be the happiest people around!

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I fear no evil, for You are with me; 
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4

Picture is from Discovery Channel