Thursday, May 23, 2013

Love Like Jesus Does


Every single piece of everything I am,
Yeah, she knows the man I ain't,
She forgives me when I can't,
The devil, man, no, he don't stand a chance,
'Cause she loves me like Jesus does.
I always thought she'd give up on me one day,
Wash her hands of me, leave me staring down some runway,
But I thank God each night, and twice on Sunday,
That she loves me like Jesus does.


This is a country song by Eric Church.  I heard a bit of it on the country channel and knew I needed to read the lyrics.  Men want women who will love them just the way they are.  Women want the same thing but we feel the need to change our men into the man we can love instead of loving them the way they are and letting God change them.

I know this is true because there are many verses in the Bible about quarreling and arguing addressed to wives.  We quarrel and argue because we are not getting what we want.  Most men seem to have much lower expectations than women and don't try to change their wives.

We are all called to love like Jesus does, especially our husbands since we are modeling Christ and the Church to the world.  They need to see unconditional love and acceptance between husbands and wives.  We need to show them how amazing marriage is the way God designed it to be.

I applaud the women who stay with difficult husbands.  I realize tough marriages are not always the result of quarreling wives but when we walk in obedience to God, especially during the hard times, we are blessed and God is glorified.  You stay with your difficult husband for your husband's sanctification, for your children's happiness and security, and mostly, because God wants you to since he knows how destructive divorce can be.

Make it your goal to love your husband as Jesus does.  Love him freely without shaming him.  Forgive him easily for no one will ever be perfect.  Love him just the way that he is and allow God to work a miracle in him.

Marriage is such an amazing gift.  Ken and I haven't argued for months and it is so very good...He is my leader and I accept that.  He doesn't expect me to be perfect but he knows my heart is for his good.

And above all these put on love,
which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
Colossians 3:14

picture source

Making Your Home Sing