Monday, March 11, 2013

She Now Wants Children


The young woman that was featured in my post  She Doesn't Want Children  admitted to me she changed her mind in the past few months about not wanting children but they must wait for five years after they pay off all of their debt.  Then she told me work does get stressful when customers get angry with her. When she gets home she is tired and irritable.

Yep, I told her.  She has fallen into the trap and lies of Satan.  "Many women who forsook home and children thinking they were house-slaves have now discovered that they are work-slaves ~ trapped in a life-style they have difficulty escaping."
{On The Other Side Of The Garden}

She was told she needed to have an education and a career.  Something may happen to her husband.  Besides, she wasn't sure she wanted children.  So she got an education and a career.  Now she spends 40 hours a week working away from the home.  Most of the money she makes, after taxes, is going to pay off her debt.  She will be around 30 years old when her debt is finally paid off.

She looked me in the eyes and said, "I've been duped. I told my co-worker that all I want to do now is be a stay-at-home mom."  She's been reading all the posts I have been writing on having children lately and has decided that is indeed what she wants. God's ways make so much sense to soft hearts that are willing to listen.  She is willing to listen.  She is going to start praying about it.  God makes all things possible.

She is a new believer and newly married.  She wanted to be mentored so she can keep her husband happy.  She has a teachable heart and is eager to learn.  Her husband is happy.  He loves being with her.  She is definitely getting the desire to have children.  I told her that is the way God created us.  One of the purposes of marriage is to produce godly offspring.

I love mentoring women and seeing the change in them as they grasp God's truths.  One of my friend's daughter just got married.  She had been living in rebellion to God.  She started reading my blog.  She then married her boyfriend,  began treating her parents with love and respect, and loves learning submission to her husband.

I just received a card from her thanking me for our wedding gift to her.  In it she thanked me for the gifts and then wrote, "Thank you also for the ministry of your blog.  It has truly brought peace to our home which is,  perhaps, the best gift."

Having children, walking in obedience to God, and submitting to your husband are all steps of faith for without faith, it is impossible to please God.  Do you believe He is your provider and will take care of you and your children?  Do you trust Him to keep His promises?

Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,
    that I may follow it to the end.
Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
    and obey it with all my heart.
 Direct me in the path of your commands,
    for there I find delight.

Proverbs 119:33-35