Saturday, March 30, 2013

Powdered Vs. Liquid Laundry Detergent


We have been using the powdered detergent for the past year and I have decided I don't like it.  I always have to wash my clothes in warm or hot water or else the detergent doesn't dissolve.  I am going back to the liquid version.
 
It only costs pennies per load and it washes the clothes very clean.  When heating the soap and other ingredients together while making it, the key is to make sure everything is completely dissolved or you won't be able to wash your clothes in cold water.  Cold water just doesn't dissolve it well enough.
 
Here is my recipe for liquid laundry detergent.  It is so easy to make and doesn't leave a scent on your clothes which I don't like.  Scents are just another chemical that your body doesn't need to have to deal with.
 
In the summer time, I dry my clothes in our backyard.  It is usually windy from the ocean breezes and sunny since we face the west.  The sunshine is a great sanitizer and bleaches clothes naturally.
 
We also have a large wooden drying rack.  I keep it in a bedroom with a western exposure so it is warm and sunny.  This makes perfect conditions for drying clothes quickly.  I love these wooden drying racks made by the Amish because they are very well made and last a long, long time.  They are more expensive but you will definitely get your money's worth.  You usually get what you pay for!  Here is an informative post on how to care for your drying racks.
 
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.