Friday, March 1, 2013

For Husbands Who Don't Want Submissive Wives


Some of the women I mentor tell me their husbands don't want them to be submissive.  I encourage them to ask their husbands these questions ~

You don't want me to please you?

You don't want me to give you sex when you want it?

You don't want me to fix your favorite foods?

You want me to continue arguing and quarreling with you?

You like it when I give you the cold shoulder?

You like me to always insist on winning arguments?

You don't want me to do things you ask me to do and conveniently forget
about them?

You want me to speak ill of you to others?

You want me to not respect or appreciate you?

Satan has so completely destroyed the word "submission" that even godly men have fallen victim to his lies. It doesn't mean a wife will lose her personality, or her opinions, or even her quirks. It simply means she is going to learn what pleases him, pursue peace in the home, and do as he asks her to do.

So husbands, if you don't want your wives to submit, it is completely your
fault when your marriage falls apart.

Now as the church submits to Christ,
so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
Ephesians 5:24