Friday, November 9, 2012

Chemicals Cause Cancer


Dr. Margaret Cuomo believes that chemicals are what is causing cancer and cancer needs to be prevented.  She said that there are several hundred different types of cancer so to try and find cures for all of them is impossible.  Access to care isn't the key either.  Take, for instant, Steve Jobs and Farrah Fawcett. They had the best care in the world and still died.

This is ironic to me because it is what my mom believed and taught me since I was five years old.  She was so far ahead of her time.  Kids use to make fun of my lunches growing up.  I would bring a whole bag of raw vegetables and hold them inside my paper bag while eating them so others wouldn't see.

Dr. Cuomo said eating organic is the most important way to prevent cancer.  Then the things you use on your body like shampoo, lotion, sunscreen, etc.  The next is the products you use in your home. { I just started using Mrs. Meyers to wash dishes with and it is heavenly!  There are no petrochemicals to pollute the environment or to leave a film on your dishes.} I have recipes such as all-purpose cleaner, laundry soap that I have been using for a long time and love! They are just as good as any toxic chemical-filled cleaner.

Buy your lotions and such from iherb.com.  Most of their products don't have chemicals.  Get out in the fresh air and sunshine and walk.  We rarely used sunscreen because I knew putting chemicals all over your body couldn't be healthy. Use your speaker phone to talk to people on the phone. 

All of these suggestions aren't difficult to start implementing today.  Cancer is becoming more and more common.  Dr. Cuomo said there are a hundred different chemicals they use on our food that have been proven to cause cancer.  We must be wise about the way we live our lives in all areas.

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves:
be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Matthew 10:16