Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Happy Pastor


My pastor is one happy guy.  My church is big.  We have four services and they are all pretty packed out.  With a church that big, you would think you would hardly ever see the pastor.  Not at our church.

Before each service, he is either roaming around the church, inside and out, chatting with people.  He usually shakes their hand, gives them a hug, and smiles a lot.  We have run into him when we walk along the beach.  He is always warm and friendly.

The love he has for people spills over to the whole church.  The first time I visited this church, I knew it was different.  People were warm and friendly.

Ken and I went to a night service recently.  We saw our pastor talking with his parents.  I have never seen his parents before.  They are old.  His mother is stooped over pretty badly.  They are in their late 80s or early 90s,  I think. 

When our pastor saw us, he gave us a big smile and waved at us.  His mother turned around and gave us the biggest smile!  She kept looking at us smiling real big.  Ken asked me if I knew her.  I told him I had never even seen her before.  She is one happy lady!

Erin took them over dinner a few months back.  The mother had broken her hip.  She said the father was such a warm and friendly man.

Happy parents raise happy children!  Happy people are really fun to be around.  Happiness is contagious.  Choose to be happy.  Life is a lot more fun when you choose to be happy even when it isn't always easy.  We have a lot to be happy about.  Dwell on all those things!

Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD. 
Psalm 144:15