Friday, March 30, 2012

Hosting A Healthy Luncheon


My Bible Study group comes over here for a luncheon every several months.  I live only a half mile from the church and they all love my food.  I love having them also.  I like to feed people healthy.  Usually when they taste how good healthy food can be, they want to start fixing it for themselves.

I thought I would show you what I fix for my luncheons.  I had 15 women at this last one.  It is easy to feed big groups if you know what to fix and how to prepare it.

They always request my salad so I just make a big one and have some toppings for it.  Today I had parmesan cheese, sunflower seeds, and my homemade salad dressing.  I love to have tomatoes and avocadoes.  I also roasted several chickens to put on top of the salad or eat it separately.


I always have some of my homemade bread with some butter to go with it.  I made a big pot of  quinoa and vegetable soup the day before to serve also.  I just use coffee cups to serve the soup in.


Afterwards, the women usually want my recipes and want to start eating better.  It is a good way to start them on a journey towards better health.  We have a good time talking and getting to know each other better.  There is something very special about eating a meal together in a home.

Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.
I Peter 4:9