Thursday, March 1, 2012

Being A Minimalist


My Bible Study group came over for lunch. I always feed them my salad and homemade bread. We have a great time together. They are godly, warm, and loving women.

I was showing them this website of a woman who decorates her home gorgeously like the kitchen in the above photo. I love her blog and her beautiful home. I always appreciate women who know how to decorate their homes and make them beautiful. 

I was thinking recently that I probably should do that more, but several of the women, when they saw that blog remarked how that is not them at all. They are minimalist and like simplicity with no clutter.

When they said that, I said, "You know what?  I am the same way." I like my home clean and comfortable. I believe it is a clean home that makes a home beautiful! I want my family to eat healthy and nourishing food, but I just don't care enough about having a gorgeous home. I realized that it is okay to not want that.

With all the beautiful homes on the television and magazines, it can easily cause us to be discontent with what we have and how our homes look. Some women have very little, but are very creative in making a beautiful home with very little money. But it isn't every one's gift.  t isn't my gift and I am okay with that. 

I have a good friend that has a beautiful blog. She decorates her home with old, used things and makes her home look great. That is her gift. She works wonders in her garden, also.

I think the key is to be content with what you have and what your gifts are that God gave you. I like things simple, comfortable, and uncluttered. I am happy with it that way and can be content that having a beautifully decorated home isn't important to me, but I can enjoy those who have that gift.

Let your conversation {lifestyle} be without covetousness; 
and be content with such things as you have:  
for he has said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you.
Hebrews 13:5