Monday, February 27, 2012

Wedding Day Love Letter


When we were all in the dressing room watching Alyssa get ready for her big day, one of the groomsmen came in and said he had a message to give to Alyssa.  Then he stood there and read this to her in all of our presence ~

To my most beautiful bride ~

You are far beyond the woman of my boldest prayers and deepest desires.

Reality would not allow me to dream of marrying a girl like you, but by amazing grace and a divine miracle, God has brought us together for His good will and my unspeakable bliss.

 I am overjoyed to be marrying you today, and I could not be more sure of my desire to spend the rest of my life with you in obedience to the Lord.

I can't wait to see you, and I know that you will look absolutely gorgeous.

I adore you,  Alyssa.

All my love,


all my life,

Jon.
 
This, my friends, is a true love story.  God's love stories are the best.

Ken was talking to Alyssa the other day and she said she was watching Jon work out.  On the weekends when he is home, he wants to spend every moment with her. 

His parents are like that...They LOVE being with each other all the time.  They delight in each other.  Jon had very good role models. 

Alyssa is blessed to have him as her husband.  They both asked God to choose their spouse. Men can learn something from Jon.  He, of course, would say that he is only able to be the man that he is because of God's work in him.  He always wants to give God the glory for the life that he leads.

So find a man that loves God with all of his heart, soul, mind, and strength.  It is a huge added benefit if they were raised in a godly home with godly parents.  Those roots being deep in Jesus are a much greater possibility.  For God said that the purpose of marriage is to produce godly offspring.

Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:9