Saturday, July 30, 2011

Liquid Hand Soap


This is super easy to make, cheap, and works great.  I love making my own stuff....It's cheaper and I know what is in it. 

The economy isn't very good, so people are very interested in saving a dime.  A whole gallon of this soap only costs what it costs to buy a bar of soap.  I used Ivory, but if you want to get real pure, you can buy one from the health food store.  Also, the fewer chemicals you use, the better.  This is how I did it ~

Grate 1 cup {I used Ivory} of soap.  You can use a Cuisinart or hand grater.  My grater is the one you see in the picture.  It is awesome!  It is by Salad Master and grates soap, carrots, whatever, really quickly with hardly any mess.

Add 1 Tablespoon of glycerin.

Heat up 10 cups of water with soap and glycerin until it's boiling.

Cool until completely cooled off.

Stir well.

I put it in old soap dispensers like you see above.  It is kind of slimy putting it into the dispenser, but it works great.  I had to use a funnel.  A small liquid soap at Trader Joe's costs at least several dollars, so there is definitely a cost saving and it is very little work.

I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 
Ezekiel 36:25

God's soap is going to be A LOT better than anything man can make!!

Frugal Friday