Thursday, June 2, 2011

Difficult Teenagers


Most parents go through periods in their lives when they have problems with their teenagers, even if they are good kids. When I went through those times with my children, I wish I would have handled it differently~ 

I wish I would have never argued with them. 

I wish I just stated my case simply and when they didn't follow through, 
there would be consequences which were clearly stated. 

If they completely disagreed with my stated case, I wish we would have 
just been able to sit down and reason together without getting angry.

I wish I continued to smile at them and be joyful with them, 
even when they were difficult. 

I wish I gave them big hugs often, you know, just kept 
heaping burning coals upon their heads by loving them through my actions.

These are the things I wish I did differently. I think there would have been a lot less stress and I would have drawn them towards me, instead of away from me. I think God's principles would have even worked with teenagers...Imagine that!

Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, 
because love covers a multitude of sins.
I Peter 4:8