Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Efficiency of Sex

"Younger men, every day.  Older men, every three days.  Forget about 'wanting to' because sex is the most efficient way to take care of your provider.  Women think, 'If I cook enough...If I take care of the children and home...If I give him respect...If I look pretty...etc. it'll add up to what sex provides for men.' NOTHING will replace his wife desiring him.  When he gets connected with her through sex, he gets connected to the whole world.  So the amount of time it takes to fix your hair, is the time it takes to improve your marriage."

These statements were made on the Dennis Prager radio program this morning.  He had Allison Armstrong with him who does seminars entitled, Satisfying Men, Celebrating Women.  Every Wednesday at 10:00, he has a Male Female Hour which is always very interesting.  I loved today's program.  I think it needs to be said. 

I wrote about it before:  Sex On SundaySex On Sunday (Part 2).  The only thing I disagree with is that sex is great and men need lots of it.   If you are giving them sex every day but the rest of the day, you are trying to manipulate, change, and control them, you will not have a good marriage.  I know.  I did that exact thing.  We loved each other, but didn't enjoy each other and were not emotionally close.

In the matter of having sex when you don't feel like it, you may think,  "I would be a hypocrite then if I did something I didn't feel like doing."  Remember that you are NEVER a hypocrite when you do something in obedience to God instead of following your feelings.

But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.  The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.  The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.
I Corinthians 7:2-4