Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sex On Sunday

Yes, it is Sunday and I'm going to write about sex.  I thought since God is the one who created sex, He would think it was okay that I write about it!  One young woman commented on my post yesterday that she has a hard time wanting to give much sex to her husband because she has a young baby and is very tired.  She isn't in the mood and she feels like he is thinking only about himself. 

I completely understand.  When I had four children under five and a half years old, I was exhausted all the time and didn't "feel" like having sex at all!  Now that I am older and wiser, I see the importance of meeting your husbands needs even if you are tired and don't "feel" like it. 

Never base your actions upon your feelings, base them on doing what is right.  Meeting your husband's sexual needs is always right in marriage according to Scripture {unless you're sick or in pain but even then there are usually ways to meet his needs...I know.  I was sick and in pain for over 20 years}. 

The majority of men are not perverts.  God made them to want sex..a lot of it.  Their testosterone levels are very high (250-750) compared to a women's (25-75) but God gave them all that testosterone for a very good reason ~  to go out and provide a living for their families, to defend their country and families, to stay attracted to their wives, and as Dr. Laura said, "To slay the dragons". 

God didn't give us as much testosterone because he wants us home nurturing our families and loving on them.  We are the weaker vessel and we feel like it a lot especially during the childbearing years.  God created us to be our husband's help meet first and foremost, so we must do that even when we don't "feel" like it. 

We are sure quick to meet our babies needs in the middle of the night when we don't "feel" like it.  We do it anyways because it is the right thing to do. When we are meeting our husband's needs, we are serving God because this is what He asks us to do and it is the right thing to do.

The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husbandThe wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.
I Corinthians 7:3,4